Workshop on SEBI in CSSR&SRRMDegree & PG College,Kamalapuram-516289
Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science was established in 2005 as a part of introducing the restructured courses designed by the Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa. The Undergraduate and the Post Graduate Courses in Computer Science are offered under the Department of Computer Science. The Department has a well-equipped computer laboratory with high configured systems with internet access in other words, the latest computing technology and design programmes for conducting practical classes, study projects as well as research activities like project works post graduates and consultancy services.
The Department of Computer Science has been functioning with the objectives as:
- to demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques particularly the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions using the computers,
- to provide breadth and depth of knowledge in the discipline of computer science besides inculcating the spirit of computer technology in the minds of students,
- to improve skills of students to apply mathematics and the scientific methods to solving computing problems and meet the critical requirements,
- to encourage to work effectively in small groups on medium scale computing projects,
- to enhance the ability of students to understand the social and ethical implications of working as a professional in the field of computer science and
- to improve the usage of current tools and methodologies in computing practice.
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
The Department of Computer Science offers the following programmes in CBCS mode from the academic year 2015-2016. Besides, The Department involves in teaching interdisciplinary courses i.e., non-core subjects particularly Department of Commerce, Statistics and Mathematics
- B.Sc.(Computer Science).Mathematics-Statistics-Computer Science.
- B.Sc. (Computer Science).Mathematics-Physics-Computer Science.
- M.Sc. Computer Science
Seminars, group discussions, quizzes, extension work, education and software industrial visits, etc., are some of the cardinal co-curricular activities of the department for the benefit of both the students and the staff members as well. Extension and guest lectures are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. As for as Consultancy Services concerned, the Department of Computer Science contribute more in imparting computer education and spreading computer literacy among the student fraternity in the area. The Department provides undergraduate and post graduate students with a strong interdisciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals, theory and applications of computer science.
STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE PLANS
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the Department are:
- Qualified, competent and dedicated faculty.
- Curriculum ensures job oriented and creative course.
- ICT based teaching – learning (topics related to the exercises of computers).
- Best infrastructure available.
- Well equipped laboratories.
- Non availability of doctorate faculty.
- Inadequate research by faculty.
- Highly opted courses by students since knowledge of computer has become part of Human Life.
- More employment opportunities.
- Scope for higher studies in India and Abroad.
- Heavy competition as more number of colleges are established in the district.
- Lack of language proficiency among the students.
- To recruit faculty with Ph.D qualification.
- To undertake research projects.
- To increase number of industrial projects (Live projects).
There are seven faculty members in the Department of Computer Science.
- Mr. M. Hari, M.C. A. (Head of the Department)
- Dr. G. Thippanna, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Mr. K.Sreenivas Reddy, M.C.A.
- Mr. K.Anantha Reddy, M.Sc (Comp Sci).
- Mr. J.Rajendra Reddy, M.C.A.
- Mr. P.Krishnaiah, M.C.A.
- Mrs. K.Anitha, M.Sc (Comp Sci).
- Mrs. V.Sravani M.Sc(Comp Sci).